Create Content From Questions
How can we continue to create content that's interesting for our prospects and really speaks to what they want to know about our products and services?
Do it in question form. In other words, ask and answer the question! There are several benefits:
- You're giving the prospect the information she needs
- You go in-depth on the answer, which is always great content
- The Google Hummingbird algorithm update of August 2013 was designed to reward web publishers who ask and answer questions!
Where can you find those questions that will make great keyword phrases? There are a few ways you can do this.
One of my favorites is to choose a keyword research tool and just type in the following words, one at a time:
That's right, the old news article formula! Look what I found in about 10 minutes:
- who invented the toilet
- who has the most followers on twitter
- gifts for men who have everything
- who was the first man on the moon
Using "what" as a keyword query:
- what is the density of water
- what does creatine do
- what to do when you are bored
- what causes high blood pressure
Here are some good ones for "when":
- when was the internet invented
- what happens when you quit smoking
- when was the cold war
- when is the best time to buy a car
I found these when I typed in "why":
- why do cats purr
- why is gluten bad
- why college athletes should be paid
- why do leaves change color in the fall
- why is chocolate bad for dogs
- why is my computer so slow
When I typed in "where," these are some of the better queries:
- where to get passport photos
- where is the routing number on a check
- where does wind come from
- where are the galapagos islands
Here are some "how" queries you can use to create content:
- how do i take a screenshot
- how fast does the earth spin
- how much house can i afford
- how to bake sweet potatoes
- how to get rid of headaches
- how to make rubber band bracelets
Finally, plug in the words "question" and "ask," and see what bubbles up that you could use:
- top ten interview questions
- good first date questionsfocus group questions
- questions to ask a wedding photographer
- questions to ask when buying a house
- questions to ask on a college visit
- questions to ask a divorce attorney
- how to ask a professor for a letter of recommendation
- questions to ask before marriage
You can also go to quora.com and type in keywords to find questions that people are asking for information about. You can choose to answer questions on the site, or you can collect questions and create content on your website or blog post to get more targeted visitors to your pages.
Don't forget to mine your own FAQs on your site or the ones your sales staff has to answer all the time. Those are the ones that matter most to your prospects.
Here's a post about website rankings that may be helpful in addition to what you've read here.
Do you want to learn more about writing optimized content that your prospects really care about? Come to an SEO class and get trained on the latest techniques, strategies and processes. Check out Invenio's classes and register for one now.
Learn SEO online now from Invenio SEO.
Until we meet next time, stay safely between the ditches!
All the best,