This is the complete SEO syllabus for the training classes offered by Invenio SEO. See something that's not here, but is SEO related that you'd like to learn? Contact us to see if we can train you on it - it's probably likely that we can.
Pre-course reading: This is a short document you read before coming to class on the basics of content marketing, SEO and how search engines find your pages, as well as the benefits of SEO. This takes about 20 minutes to review.
- Content Strategy/Content Marketing (homework)
- What is SEO? (homework)
- How Search Engine discover, index and rank web content (homework)
- Benefits of SEO (homework)
Day 1 Syllabus (Basics of SEO) $597.00 Per Person
- On page SEO (hands on) - we go over each web page/blog post element that can be optimized with your chosen keyword phrase. We cover what Google wants you to do with each element, then we practice optimizing a web page or blog post.
- Semantic search - Google's algorithm now has artificial intelligence incorporated to better understand the deeper associations of primary words and their synonyms and related concepts. Semantic search refers to trying to better understand the searcher's intent when she types a query into a search engine to find information or resources. We cover how to take advantage of semantic search concepts when you are creating web content.
- Google's Content Guidelines - Google has refined how they define good content, and we go over their recommendations and guidelines to start you off right away with planning and creating useful, unique content that will stand a better chance of ranking higher in Google.
- Discover the keyword topics your target market is using in search engines (hands on) - we go through a few of the many keyword research tools available for use; we talk about how to organize your keyword research, and how to use the keyword phrases you discover for your content marketing strategy; we finish up with a hands-on exercise.
- Create content for your prospects and search engines (hands on) - this is a short writing exercise where we take a keyword phrase previously discovered during keyword research and create a short content piece around that phrase.
- Using personalization of search - understand how your web pages/blog posts are never really #1 in search results. Each searcher has a unique history, and we teach you how to use personalization of search to your advantage when optimizing web pages.
- Develop a blogging strategy for your content marketing - the heart and soul of inbound marketing/content strategy revolves around blogging for your business vertical. We will cover why blogging is beneficial, and how it satisfies Google's content guidelines and best practices for SEO. We also cover how to jump start a content marketing strategy with blogging.
- Using social media and SEO - You need to be on the right social media platforms where your prospects are participating. We will go over how to optimize your social media platforms and get the most functionality out of them to increase your business.
Day 2 Syllabus (Advanced SEO) $597.00 Per Person
- Linking strategies, analysis and troubleshooting - the number one reason why web sites get penalized by Google is due to their linking strategy. We cover why linking is still important, what the penalties are that Google can levy (both manual and algorithmic), what the red flags are, how to discover and fix bad links, as well as ideas for getting good links for your site.
- Local SEO - many businesses are confined to a specific geographical area for getting customers. Local SEO has become a large sub-specialty. We will cover how to incorporate local SEO into your web page/blog post elements, as well as the important business listing providers that can extend a company's local reach.
- Google Analytics - Simply doing SEO is not enough; you need to measure it's effectiveness. We go over the major functions of Google Analytics, starting with how to set up an account and dashboard to creating custom dashboards and reports, and interpreting the data you get from Google to determine which parts of your website are performing poorly and need improvement.
- Google Search Console - This is probably the most useful free service Google offers, and many web owners don't understand why they should pay close attention to the information in their search console dashboard. We will go over how to set up dashboard, which metrics to constantly monitor and more, to make sure Google can easily access and crawl your website for better indexing and ranking.
- SEO for Videos - There are several opportunities to apply SEO to your videos. We will go over the elements you can optimize with your chosen keyword phrase.
- Mobile SEO - Mobile searches are rapidly overtaking desktop queries. We will go over why having a mobile version of your site is necessary, and how to apply SEO for the mobile environment.
Day 3 Syllabus (career track, certification) All Three Days - $1791.00 Per Person
- Don't Do Web Spam - Different from email spam, web spam is the processes and practices that go against Google's recommendations and guidelines, but which are still used by "black hat" SEO personnel to temporarily trick the search engine into giving a web page a better ranking than it deserves. We'll cover the most common types of web spam to be on the lookout for.
- Information Architecture and SEO - Information overload is now the norm on the internet. IA is a discipline you can apply to any website to ensure the most important content is quickly and easily found by your prospects to keep them on your site longer and increase your conversion rates by organizing, naming and labeling your web pages to clearly communicate what you offer.
- Google Ranking and Indexing Issues - There are several problems that Google can encounter on any website that will prevent the crawlers from indexing and ranking your web pages. We go over the most common problems, and how to fix them.
- Database Site Issues - E-commerce and catalog web sites are database-driven. There are unique issues with these types of web site operations that can cause Google to skip over your product pages and reduce your indexing opportunities. We will cover how to solve these issues.
- schema.org (structured data markup language) - this a fairly new SEO process that is under-utilized, but is extremely effective for getting your web content indexed. We will go over what schema is, and how to incorporate it into your SEO program.
- Converting A Site From HTTP - HTTPS - websites that are now secure get a minor boost in ranking from Google. There are fairly significant SEO implications if the migration isn't done properly. Learn how you can guide web developers and marketers through this conversion process trouble-free.
- CI Analysis for SEO - if you need to know what your online competition is doing in terms of SEO, and if you wonder why they're outranking your site, then this information will let you develop a strategy and process to see what they are doing, using SEO analysis tools. This will allow you to adjust your SEO program priorities to stay on top of search results.
- Start Your SEO Career - for individuals who want to do SEO for a living. We'll go over how to use keyword research for finding clients, as well as using the free version of LinkedIn to find ready-made opportunities for getting SEO contracts.
Day 4 - Optional Hands-On Workshop
Do you want to sit down with me and use your own SEO tools to practice doing keyword research, link analysis, competition ranking and web site audits? Let's schedule an additional day to let you practice what you learned. The cost per person is $197.00.
I am happy to come onsite to your location and teach you what you want to learn about SEO. You can go with the agenda listed above, or we can come up with a unique course that only has the modules you really want to learn about.
Contact Invenio SEO to schedule your search engine optimization training class today!